Jai Ho
This is not a movie review of Salman Khan's most recent Movie "Jai Ho". But yes, unfortunately I'm willing to link this incident with the concept shown in movie.
"Jai Ho"
It was a busy day. Last night "Jai Ho" effect was still active in every cell of my body. I got a call for interview from a University for the post of lecturer. I was waiting for bus at Ahmedabad. I had to reach Surendranagar for interview. A bus came and I went to check if it was my bus.An old woman was trying to get off from the bus with lots of luggage with her. I offered to help her and tried to give a hand for her luggage.
Old Woman : (In Gujarati) " Ek dikro chhe maro e tholaa mare chhe, paarka dukh samje chhe.. betaa aa thodik dur rickshaw sudhi lai java lag ne chalne betaa.. bhagvaan bhalu krse taaru"
Me: (In Gujarati) "Haa chalo baa.."
I carried her luggage to the rickshaw nearby. Again she started on the way.
Old Woman : (In Gujarati) "Betaa kyaano chhe tu?"
Me : (In Gujarati) "Gandhinagar no km?"
Old Woman : (In Gujarati) "atyaare utaavad ma che? chalne ghare nasto pani krine jaa. Ahiyan Najik ma j re chhe maari dikri."
Me : "Na na baa.. mare javu padse , interview maate jau chhu nokri maate."
Old Woman : "Bhale tyaare... Sukhi thaa betaa.. Tu jaa ane maa-baap nu naam roshan karje"
I don't know but an old man was watching the whole incident. His hair were dirty and was wearing dirty white shirt. One bag was in his hand and followed me from that rickshaw stand. As I reached again on the bus stand and was again checking the bus' name plates. One old man with very low voice,
Old man : What is time right now?
Me : 11:30 AM
Old man : Where are you from?
Me : Gandhinagar.
Old man : Ok.. where are you going? Are you a student?
Me : No uncle, I'm an engineer and going for interview in a college of Surendranagar.
Old man : Ohh!! That engineering college on highway?
Me : Yes.
Old Man : I'm also going to Surendranagar. It's my native.
Me : Okay.. Nice to hear it.
Old Man : There is a shop in front of that college. Do you know? "Chamunda Paan House".
Me : I'm going there first time.
Old man : Ok, I see.
(After sometime)
Old man : When the bus will come?
Me : Nearly 11:45 AM
Old Man : My wife is suffering from cancer. And my son is there in Surendranagar. Doctors are asking for money. and I don't have enough money. My son at "Chamunda Paan House" can give you 5000 Rs. to hand it over to me. Please can you help me? I don't have money to travel.
Me : Okay! No problem uncle. But will he give it to me? You should call him. Give me his mobile number and talk to him.
Old man : His mobile is stolen. So I can't talk to him. But take this letter with you. He knows my hand writing
Me : (I took it and read) okay..
(" To Nikhilkumar Parshuram Joshi
Dear Son, your mother's health is too weak and bad. I urgently need 5000 Rs. So I'm sending this letter with a man and asking you to give him Rs. He will hand it over to me.")
Old Man : Thank you . Please don't forget.
Me : Don't say thank you uncle. Instead of it, please help any 3 persons and tell them to help another 3 persons.
Old man : You are really a wise man. I'll do it.
Me : Uncle note down my mobile number. I'll be here at 7 PM with your money.
Old man : Yes.
(He wrote it on his hand!! and I doubted)
Old man continued : " Dear can you please help me with money right now? My son will give you when you will give him this letter."
(I was surprised, He was asking me for 5000 Rs. And I was thinking I should help him in his poor days and he need support.)
Me : Uncle, I'm an engineer but still haven't got any job. I've only 300 Rs. And it takes 110 Rs to reach Surendranagar. I'm sorry but I can't give you right now. I'll give it to you today in evening. What is the problem?
Old man : Okay, then please give me 150 Rs. You'll need only 150 Rs to get to Surendranagar. Once you get there my son will give you.
( How?? How could I trust him?)
Me : Uncle I can't go in an unknown city without money. How can I?
Old man : Ok then please can you give me only 20-30 Rs. ?
(My doubt was becoming more strong.)
Me : What will you do with only 20 Rs? I"ll be back with your 5000 Rs. Why can't you wait?
Old Man : My wife needs medicines. She's in hospital.
Me : Which hospital?
Old man : Dr. Pandya
Me : Where it is?
Old man : 20 KMs from here. I don't have money to reach there also.
Me : How you came here?
Old Man : In rickshaw.
( Alas!!!! I was upset now. He din't have money. But he wasted money to travel to bus stand. He can't argue that he wanted to go to Surendranagar to get money from his son, because he has not 10 Rs according to him. He was also not a super senior citizen to travel for free. So being here at bus stand din't make any sense. There was an old watch on his hand but still he asked me for time. That means intentionally he asked me everything about me and made a story. "An old genius Khopdi" but he uses it to fool people by asking for help)
Me : I'm so sorry uncle, but I can't give you a single rupee. Because I don't know whether your son is at the shop or not? If I couldn't find him then ?
Old man : I called him and told him to stay at shop. Don't worry.
Me : But you just told me he has lost his mobile?
Old man : Just today he lost his mobile.
Me : Then how come you know? Mobile automatically called you? And of course you must not have mobile phone right?
Old Man : Can't you give me just 20 Rs? I'm a Brahmin. Joshi.
Me : I would. But if the things you said would different.
Old man : Ok. Can you give me my letter back? I'll ask some conductor if he can help me.
Me : Of course please.
And he disappeared from there making me upset. It poisoned every cell of my body with degradation of "Jai Ho" effect. Again I was waiting for the bus thinking for the characters around me. Whom can I trust?
I opened Whatsapp to divert my mind. Coincidentally, one after one, it was a special day and was feeling like GOD is testing me. A lady came there with a chit. A mobile number was written on it.
Lady : Can you please call this number? My son is coming to pick me up.
Me : Ok , which number?
She gave me and I started dialing. Then backspace backspace and cancel. I took out my 2nd low cost cell and again typed the number. And called but din't give her. Ringing..
Me : What is your name? (Still ringing)
Lady : Jyotiba
Some one picked up the call
Me : Hello, Jyotiba want to talk to you (and din't gave her. I was checking his response)
Man on call : Mom wait I'm on my way. Just coming.
And immediately I gave it to Jyotiba. I doubted and was afraid but I was wrong. She talked and hung up immediately and thanked me.
Me : Don't say thank you. Instead help 3 people who need help.
Lady : (Smiling) Sure dear, I've also watched "Jai Ho" last night and praise the effort.
My heart, my mind, my soul again set to normal. Everyone aren't same. There are still good people. Lets spread this goodness around our world. "Jai Ho".
Comments
Post a Comment
Your Opinion