Is it same India; you really want it to be like?
It was 26th January 2013 yesterday. A national festival, The Republic Day of India. I woke up being proud of that I'm a part of the largest democracy of world. I was going to a school ground to give a salute to my nation and to the freedom fighters of India for their valor who shed their blood for independence of India. On my way, a boy was asking me to take Indian national flag for Rs. 2. He wore a shirt having no buttons on it in the terrible cold atmosphere in morning. And I questioned my shelf, "Is it same India; you really want it to be like?".
Is it same India; you really want it to be like?
My head struck with so many questions about our country. Why our country is poor? Why the system is so corrupt? Why poverty is not decreasing in India? Why our living standard is not progressing like in other countries as Japan, America, China? We have highest men power after China, then why can't we utilize it? Indians are undoubtedly most intelligent people, then why are we so much backward in technology? Because we don't have the answers for this questions, or we are not trying to seek for the answers. Because everyone asks "Why should I?" And again the same case. You don't have answer for "why should I?".
I live in capital city of Gujarat, Gandhinagar. I love this city. An ideal city I can say, with adequate infrastructure, clean atmosphere, less traffic, all the things in a well arranged manner. But one thing is common for all the cities of India. Even Gandhinagar, the capital of Gujarat also having so many poor people who don't have the primary requirements for their life. The one visiting this city can't think of poor situation of some poverty area at the end of the city near Thermal Power Station of Gandhinagar. No one can guess this after visiting the first half city nearer to Ahmedabad. It is too much discrepancy between two ends of the city. The people are living in open without any accommodation. One going through this area will definitely feel unbearable foul smell, because the people can't find public toilets and so the footpath is full of dirt and unhealthy substances, which may cause many health related problems and infections. What about health of these poor people? Who will think about them? Who are they? From where they came? Why they are living in such hazardous area and making it more hazardous? Is there anyone interested to clean up the things? How can we be so selfish? If government is concerned about it? Should they? Is it our duty? Or is it the duty of government?
It is the duty of human-beings, and it includes all of us if we consider ourselves human. Don't run from your duty by simply saying, "It is the duty of Government." Of-course it is the duty of Government, but it is our duty to wake the Government up. But how? Friends, this is democracy, we make system. If we all are awakened, the Government will also be. Don't wait for others. Start being human. Even animals are also concerned about their species. This is the time for correcting the definition of human being. I'm not telling you to help others, you are helping yourself to be human by this. Think about it and recreate India as you dream of making your own home.
True sir, Let's make change together.
ReplyDeleteTo bring the change, genuinly philanthropic people must join politics and come into the system.
DeleteOutstanding
ReplyDeleteNice 👍
ReplyDeleteNice 👍
ReplyDelete